November 9, 2012

Thankful Garland

 My Thanksgiving Garland

Last year I saw THIS POST on Tatertots and Jello and was completely inspired! I loved the look of the garland on the mantel and the thoughts behind it so I set out to make my own :)

  I already had a cranberry garland so I spread that out on my mantel first.
 Then I took some fall picks I found at the dollar store and slide them in to place on the garland.
 I planned on using the cranberry vine for Christmas so I didn't want anything glued on, so I just slid each piece in carefully and secured it by wrapping the vines around it if needed.
 I also added a few fall like flowers I had on hand.
 Then I had my 9 & 6 year old helpers cute out some leaf shapes from scrapbook paper.  On the backs we wrote out things we were most thankful for. Then using paperclips, I secured the paper leaves, as well as some fabric leaves, to the garland in a few places.
 I took a pumpkin patterned ribbon and wove it around the vine.
Then at the ends of the vine I tied a bunch of fallsy colored ribbons together to make a big pretty bundle.

 The finished product!  Not a WHOLE lot like the model, but it looks cute to me :)
And it highlights my turkeys pretty well too!

No comments: