So I decided that I could totally make one, scoured the internetz for tutorials, and ended up getting completely HOOKED on them. I found a way to work them into each girl's costume and about 50hundred more ideas :)
The tutu's I make are the super fluffy double layer ones. I probably use more than tulle than most but I like my tutu's POOFY lol
I'm going to attempt a tutu-orial on this but I have no measurements and can't seem to think good (lol) but I have pictures so I'm gonna throw something together. If this isn't enough info here are a few links that helped me :)
How to Make a Tutu
Quick and Easy Way to Cut Tulle
Now on to the Tutu-orial :)
1) I use 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch elastic. Measure your elastic around your
Sew your elastic together either with a machine or by hand several times back and forth.
2. Use the link above about cutting tulle and cut you strips. How many depends on how big and long and poofy your tutu will be and I find it hard to guestimate so I just cut like 20 strips at a time.
3. To make a poofy tutu, take 2 strips and criss cross them, making an X shape.
4. Take the X and hold opposite sides together. It helps to have something to put your elastic around so it stays taut.
5. Feed the tulle through the elastic either from bottom to top or top to bottom, either way will work.
6. Wrap tulle around finger and pull back through tulle loop. Pull tight.
7. Pull down and tight but not TOO tight that it wrinkles the elastic.
8. Keep doing that until you hate the sight of tulle and your elastic is covered :)
*Now depending on what look you're going for you can do solid color, stripes, stripes with on color dominating, several color stripes, or one color on top and one on bottom. They all look great!
Another finishing touch is adding a satin ribbon top. Very simple, just weave the ribbon over and under between each strip of tulle. Then tie a bow in the middle :)
My little devils costume turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!
I found a cute head band and pitch fork at JoAnns to go with it, and freezer paper stenciled her a shirt :)
She absolutely LOVED it and I just can't tell you how happy it made me!!
My Darling Lil Devil :)
Tune in next for Part 2 - My Witchy Woman ;)
Linking up to these awesome parties!