December 5, 2012

Dollar Store Stockings

So last year I decided that I wanted to replace my mismatched but sweet stockings with some that matched my decor but I didn't have a lot of time or money to spend.  Off to the Dollar Store!!
I found some simple but pretty satin stockings and knew I could personalize them pretty easily. I liked the green and gold colored stockings but not so much the red ones. So I got 4 gold for the kids, 2 green for the hubs and I, and red paint for the embellishments.
Supplies:
Stocking
Wooden letter (I got these at Hobby Lobby but have seen some at the dollar store)
Paint/paint brush
Glitter
Glue
Ribbon
Step 1: Paint your letter and let it dry.
Step 2: Paint letter face with glue and sprinkle with glitter, let dry.
Step 3: Now just take secure your letter to your stocking with the ribbon and DONE!
 I LOVE how they came out!!  They totally fit in with my color scheme.
And they were so easy to make!

They look so perfect with the rest of my mantel and tree!

11 comments:

Roxana White said...

The letters were the PERFECT touch. Lovely! Rox

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

what a great idea!!!!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

I love the way you personalized your stockings! So cute. Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope you have a great weekend.

Rebecca said...

This is so cute! I love the letters and of course, the glitter.. :)

Michelle Carvalho said...

Newest follower here! Found you through the Take-a-look Tuesday party.
You did such a good job, these stockings look great!

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

Those are beautiful, Christine. I love how you added the letters. These would go great in my living room! HA. I would love for you to share them at my SHOW-licious Craft Party.

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/search/label/craftshowcase

Looking forward to seeing you soon! :)

Marti

Elizabeth @ Lizzis Creations said...

What a cute idea! You would never know those were dollar store stockings!

Theresa said...

Lovely idea! & they look so pretty! Thanks for linking up with Inspiration Spotlight visiting from DearCreatives.com

Jill said...

Great work on those stockings - they, and your whole mantel look fabulous!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Shannon Barefoot said...

I love how you personalized these stockings! Thanks for linking up to the weekly creative :)
Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts - I featured you last week! (http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2012/12/showing-off-my-picks_12.html - I'm a little slow with notifying this time around!)
--Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com