May 14, 2011

Embellishing a Gift

Just a quick post today since I've got TWO birthday parties this weekend!

ADORABLE right?!

A few weeks ago I was going to a birthday party for a 2 year old little girl and I was at a LOSS as to what to get her (yes, I am aware I've had THREE 2 year old girls).

I went with my usual standby for little girls ... DRESSES! I LOVE little girly clothes :) So I found the PRETTIEST little smocked A-Line dress at Target and figured it would make a lovely gift because she could probably still wear it next year as is the beauty of these dresses, amIright?!

Well, then as I passed by the clearance section I found a little jacket that matched the color of the dress PERFECTLY!

AND IT WAS $2!!!!

So basically to make this you follow my Rosette Tutorial with a few little changes:

1. Make the rosette. The fabric I used for these was from a pair of khaki pants my hubs was throwing away (GASP!) I rescued the precious material and cut a few strips out of the leg! I cute one strip of leg about 1.5" wide full circle around the leg to make the big one. I cut another one same size and cut it in half to make the small ones :)

I have so much material left from that one pair of pants I could create an army of rosettes ... should the need arise.

2. Hot glue the rosettes onto a piece of felt in the shape you want them on the project.

3. Take thread in the color of the fabric and make a horrifically ugly attempt at hand sewing the rosettes to the project. I wish I had a picture ... it was a scene. It was also late and I was in a hurry lol

4. After that I decided to girly it up even more and add some pretty pearls :) I hand stitched them on and tied them up real good.

DONE :D

Tell me that ain't the cutest!!! And you could do this to just about ANYTHING to make it cuter! I got a cute tank on clearance yesterday and it is SO getting the rosette treatment :)

She didn't look terribly impressed, but she's 2 so I didn't take offense ;)

Well ... she MAY have seen the hand sewing job ... in which case, I can hardly blame her.

Linking up to these AWESOME weekend linky parties! Come check em out!
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now
Sew Darn Crafty @ Sew Many Ways

2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I think it's precious!! I'd dress my 3 year old in that in a heartbeat!! Love the sweet little embellishments. :)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon! :)

Mommy Patriot said...

Totally adorable! I need to make me some of those rosettes!