Well Mother's Day is upon us! I suppose this post would have been more helpful if I'd written it a week or so ago but there is MORE than enough time to get this done.
That's the beauty of it.
And it cost me $10 for the frame and about $1 for the pictures. Not bad! The photos were actually taken for Father's Day but obviously you could do this for just about anything that you can group into 3 pictures.
So one day when I had no idea what to do for the girls' dad for Father's Day (we're divorced), I took them down to Joanns (or any place with foam/wooden letters).
1. Find letters to spell out MOM, DAD, or even words like the pics below!
2. Take lovely children to the floral department in same store
3. Place child in front of pretty flowers and crop in REALLY TIGHT LOL
4. Leave letters there, cause really, what am I gonna do with purple sparkly letters that spell out DAD?
5. Take camera to Target/Walmart or anywhere with frames and photo department.
6. While photos are processing (Walmart took only 10 minutes to process from my SD card), go look for a frame with 3 4x6 slots.
7. Pick up photos, pay and YOU ARE DONE!
This is a set of photos I did for my mom for her birthday last year too. See the idea is totally versitile! You can do just about anything that can be grouped into 3rds ... and can be held by tiny hands ... the LOVE was a little tough ;)
Both recipients LOVED their presents! So if you're looking for a relatively inexpensive gift that you can make in less than an hour ... YOU ARE SET :)
If you end up using this idea, let me know!! I would love to see what you do with it!!
Linking up to the Mother's Day Linky Party at Somewhat Simple, Weekend Wrap up on Tatertots & Jello, and
Lil Miss Turns 7!
4 years ago