October 15, 2011

Halloween Tutus! Part 3 - Zebra's ROCK!

For my final installment of Tutu PANDEMONIUM, my 13 year old's Zebra costume :) My tutu-orial is here {along with some much more helpful links ;)}

I was SO thrilled that when she saw all of the tutu ideas I had that she was EXCITED about dressing up! I almost lost her ... she tried telling me that she was too old and didn't want to dress up any more. I was sad :( I thought about my baby growing up, Halloween photos with only TWO dressed and was SAD.

So I made hers and she was over the MOON for it!

She loved it and I was just so happy :)

We got some stripped tights and I added a hot pink satin bow and ribbon to the waist band for a fun pop of color. I LOVE how it came out!

I Freezer Paper Stenciled a shirt with white paint and added some zebra stripes using a sharpie ;)

My Zebra :) She ended up liking the costume SO much that she's dressing up again this year!! She's going to be a peacock and I am SOOOO EXCITED to see how it comes out!!

Linking up to these parties!!
somewhat simple
36th Avenue

Fancy This

Photobucket

3 comments:

Alyssa McVey said...

I'm not very girly and I'm generally not a fan of tutus. However, you have completely converted me! I love all three tutu costumes and I'm so doing something like that for my daughter!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love tutus and I love the stripes. It is all so cute! I am featuring you tonight over at Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button.

www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

OH! I love, seriously love, this adorable costume! The stripes are perfect, and I love how you came up with a zebra theme! And how fun that this year she will be a peacock! LOVE this idea!

I hope you have a good night! :)

Blessings,
Jenni