It literally cost me like $6ish and like 15 minutes to make :) (if you don't count drying time ... which I don't ;)
I used this tutorial from Jen @ My Own Road and this post on my best friend's Rebecca's blog, Searching Out Simple, to get started ...
We were going to a 4 year old's birthday party and she is the SWEETEST little thing and just LOVES all things girly. So when her mom said she was VERY into tutus and the like I thought this would TOTALLY go with one! (I'll post the tutu-orial tomorrow :D)
So I don't have step-by-step photo instructions on how to make it, but really, it's so easy you don't need them!
- T-shirt (I got mine from Target and the paint held up well. Sometimes a cheaper shirt does NOT)
- FABRIC paint
- Pencils/pens in 2-3 with different sized ends
- Cardboard (to prevent paint bleeding through fabric)
- *Optional* Ribbon for a little bow (needle & thread to sew bow on)
2. Decide how many strands of pearls you plan on doing and what you would like the shirt to look like. I used these two ideas as a guide, check out this & this!
3. Dip the eraser end of a pencil in the fabric paint making sure not to get TOO much that it will be clumpy. Dot onto shirt 2-3 times per dip ... this is how you get the cool variations in color :)
4. Use a marker bottom to get a bigger pearl size and do your second strand the same as the first. Continue like this until you have the desired amount of strands.
5. Let dry according to fabric paint bottle. This is when you can attach the bow if you're doing so.
6. Bow Option* Take a small piece of ribbon and tie into a bow. Sew the bow onto the shirt. lol
Now stand back so you can fully appreciate the cuteness of what you've created :)
I see these shirts all over and they are just ADORABLE! The little girl LOVED hers and it was just too cute on her :)
Now go forth and create! And if you make one, post the pics!! I would LOVE to see :D
Linking up to these parties ... go check out more craftsy awesomeness ...
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not JUST A Housewife
20 Minute Tuesday @ Sweet Floweret
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee
Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays @ New Nostalgia
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday @ The Stories of A to Z