January 31, 2012

Valentine's Decor, Circa 2011

This was my winter mantel last year. It was such a nice change after all the colorful brightness of Christmas, which I love, but am also ready to put away after about the 26th of December ;)

When Valentine's Day rolled around last year I wanted to add a little LOVE to the scene but didn't want to lose the blues, so I just added to it!

I took the wintry colored wreath I made and added to it. I took our wedding vows, printed them out in a heart shape, added some pretty blue rosettes, and hung it in the wreath. Here's a quick tutorial!

I found this awesome Valentine's Day printable here, framed it, and added it to the mantel. I love it, it was the PERFECT addition!

I still felt there was something else needed so I decided to make a banner and THIS is what I came up with! I LOVE how easy it was to make and how it came out and how it's totally Valentinesy and yet still fits with my decor :)

So here is my Valentine's Day mantel :) Not TOO different, just added a little love ;)

I have a made a few more additions to my Valentine's Decor this year and I'm hoping to share them here soon!

Linking to the LOVEly parties on my side bar!

1 comment:

Shellsea said...

I loved how you used a winter blue theme. It's really cute and different than pink and red.