Last year as Valentine's Day drew near, I wanted to do SOMETHING to decorate for it, but I really didn't want to change the whole winter scheme I had goin on, just add to it.
I decided I could totally do a Valentine's theme with blue so it would still fit in with the color scheme. And the first thing I did was make a pretty banner :)
1. At the dollar store I got a pack of white doilee hearts and cut 17 circles from 3 different colors/patterns of scrapbook paper, a circle for each letter and a one for a space in front, back, and between each word.
I used the blue papers and snowy patterns to play up the winter theme :)
2. I measured the center of the heart, and using my cricut, I cut out the letters in navy blue cardstock.
3. I used a clear square scrapbook adhesive attached to the back of the heart to adhere it to the circle.
4. I used a liquid adhesive on the back of the letters
and adhered them to the center of the heart.
5. I cut 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon in 2" sections and looped it. I attached it to the back of the circles using a glue dot but you could also use a stapler.
6. I strung the circles on a pretty blue satin ribbon across the mantel.
And the Winter Themed Valentine's Banner was done! Totally easy, totally inexpensive, and totally cute!
Linking up to the CRAFTILICIOUS parties in my side bar!!
Lil Miss Turns 7!
1 year ago