Last year I decided that as much as I loved my wintry decor of blues and whites and browns, I needed SOMETHING for Valentine's Day. So I first started with adding a little love to my T-shirt wreath :)
I made this wreath last year out of some old T-shirts that were too stretched out to wear or even give away. I saw a tutorial on shaping a word document into a specific shape and the example was a heart. I decided I could totally do something with this idea! That tutorial is now added to my MANY Pinterest boards so I'm totally counting this as making one of my MANY Pins ;)
1. I took the vows from my husband & I's wedding because I loved them SO much, but you could also use a song that is special to you, and used the tutorial above to make them into a heart shape!
2. Print and cut out the shape.
3. Then I traced the shape onto cardboard, and cut it out.
4. Using scrapbooking photo squares, I adhered the paper heart to the card board heart.
5. Then I chose a fabric in a solid color that matched my other winter decor and made rosettes ... LOTS of rosettes ;) Here's a tutorial I made for those. I used strips of fabric in approximately the same as the one's in the tutorial.
6. I hot glued them directly to the paper and eliminated the step of gluing to a piece of felt.
I LOVE how it looks!
7. I didn't want it permanently attach it to the wreath so I hot glued some white ribbon to the back of the cardboard and tied it to the top of the wreath.
DONE! I LOVE how it turned out and I think it adds just enough love to my decor without being sappy ;)
Linking up to these parties!
Lil Miss Turns 7!
1 year ago