October 6, 2012

"Angel with Attitude!" Tutu Costume

For Halloween 2011, my 9 year old wanted to be an angel since she had been a darling devil the year before.  I knew I could come up with a way to work a tutu into the costume so we set to work!

At first I was thinking a white tutu but she had the idea of going with gold to sort of be different, I LOVE how it turned out!  I found some shimmery gold tulle rolls at JoAnns and whipped it up in an afternoon!  You can see how I do it HERE.

 I found a white shirt at the dollar store, used my cricut to cut out the words and freezer paper stencilled with to say "Angel with Attitude"! I found the wings and halo on sale at JoAnns while I was there to pick up the tulle :)

 To complete the costume she just needed a long sleeve white shirt and leggings (it was chilly!) and a pair of white ballet flats, all of which she already had.

I am ALL ABOUT making super sweet but super SIMPLE costumes and using things you already have!  I think I probably spent a total of $15 on her costume!

I think she pulls off the "Angel with Attitude" ... don't you? ;)

Linking up to the parties on my side bar, check em out!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOVe your blog makeover! The costume is great. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

very cute she is totally pulling it off

Jill said...

This is gorgeous! Great model and photos too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Nicole @WonkyW said...

Loving all of your super cute costume ideas. Cute/simple/cheap ... My favorite type of project! I am making a costume for my daughter as well ... I think I better get started on that!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

This is so cute! I love how sassy she looks! I'm hosting a Halloween Costume Contest over at my blog. Would love for you to stop by and enter this! Prize package over $125!

http://www.createcraftlove.com/2012/10/handmade-halloween-costume-party.html

Hope to see you there!!