December 2, 2012

DIY Christmas Card Holder

So I was PINspired again! After seeing and pinning THIS I finally made one of my own!
I started with a premade metal sign from Hobby Lobby (75% off since I wanted so long ;-), some scrapbook letter stickers, a few different sizes/colors of ribbon, and some clothes pins that I fancied up :)
To fancy up the clothes pins I painted them with gold glitter glue and then sprinkled with red and gold glitter!
I stuck the scrapbook letters on the metal sign to spell out "Merry Christmas Mail" :)
Then I hung up the sign to measure how long I wanted the ribbons to hang
I cut the ribbon and hot glued them in place
After it was dry, I hung it up and tried it out
I made a pretty little spot for it to wait for the pretty cards to arrive!
And had the pretty clothes pins waiting in a little spot below
I got a few more cards than I was expecting and my card holder FILLED UP FAST!! I LOVE how it came out :)

7 comments:

Coley said...

I pinned the same one last year and made something very similar and love it. Great job! :)

Roxana White said...

I really like this. It is amazing how different it looks with cards on it. I'd like to make one to hang over my mail basket. Thanks for sharing! Roxana

Ana Love Craft said...

So adorable!!! Love the idea! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy day!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Accidentally Wonderful said...

I keep meaning to get some ribbon to make something like this! I'd love it if you'd share this at my linky party http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Cute little holder!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

cute idea!

Rebecca said...

Great idea!