September 24, 2012

Lovely Ladybug Tutu Costume


So last Halloween Lil Miss wanted to be a lady bug and since I knew I could totally make a tutu to go with it I was on board with her decision :)


Using my Tutu Tutorial I first made a basic red tutu with a white satin waist band and black satin bow.  Then I cut out a WHOLE STINKIN LOT of black felt circles.  I basically just made a staggered pattern (1, then 2, then 1, then 2) as you can see and it seemed to give it just the right amount of spots.


I was afraid it would be too busy, but I think this was just the perfect number.  Then I hand stitched them onto the tulle.  Just a simple stitch in the middle of the circle to secure it.  I didn't get to fancy, I didn't even worry about the circles being perfect, since it's pretty much just for a day or two and then it goes in the dress up box ;)


 I got the wings, headband, and sleeves at Joanns when they were 40% off, and made the shirt from a Dollar Store shirt using Freezer Paper Stenciling!  I added some black leggings since it was chilly last year, and some simple black ballet flats she already had.  COSTUME DONE!


I could not have been more happy with the results :) She was just ADORABLE and I think the costume probably cost me $15 total! 

 My sweet little Love Bug :)


Boy, did she love that tutu :) She just twirled and twirled and twirled!


This is one of my favorite pictures ever I think!
MONDAYS ~ mop it up mondays Sumo's Sweet Stuff BWS tips button DIY projects and crafts Keeping It Simple
TUESDAYS ~ Tip Junkie handmade projects I'm topsy turvy tuesdays Photobucket Confessions Of A Stay At Home Mommy
WEDNESDAYS ~ the pleated poppy blog Momma Go Round
THURSDAYS ~ somewhat simple 36th Avenue Photobucket
FRIDAYS ~ Photobucket sew many ways

11 comments:

Liz said...

That's really adorable! Liz

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

I just saw this at A Bowl Full of Lemons, and I love it! If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com today (or any time Fri-Wed) and link up!

What an adorable costume (and girl)!

Carissa Rasmussen said...

turned out cute. I love tutu costumes

Carrie said...

Saw this on Sugar Bee Crafts today and had to pin it! I love making tutus for my daughter. Cute blog...my background used to be that same one! Following you now :).

So Very Domestic said...

OH MY GOODNESS. So so so sweet. I love it!

Katie Drane said...

I'm so glad that I'm following you! How cute is this? I love it and I know my daughter is going to flip when she sees it:). Thanks so much for sharing.

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Heather Denise said...

I need to learn to be crafty:( Lol or move to California so you can be crafty for me!:D:D

Kilee Nickels said...

I love the polka dot tutu! What a cute way to do a ladybug!

I'd love for you to link up to WKWW-What Kids Wore Wednesday Link Party this week at ONE little MOMMA!

http://onelittlemomm.blogspot.com/2012/09/wkww-what-kids-wore-wednesday_25.html?utm_source=bp_recent&utm-medium=gadget&utm_campaign=bp_recent

Kilee
www.onelittlemomma.com

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters said...

Adorable!

A Lived in Home said...

What an adorable costume! My little girl was a ladybug last year! I would love for you to come link up to my Get Social Sunday party and promote your awesome blog! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/09/get-social-sunday_30.html

Kathy Mormino said...

So clever! Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-2-featured-post.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick